Don’t ever brush your teeth…
…with tap water if you’re in India. 10 years ago, I was there working on a company project. Against my colleague’s well-meaning advice, I used tap water to brush my teeth. What followed was a very serious bout of food poisoning. I scrambled to the toilet every 5 minutes and vomited out everything I ate or drank. Seriously dehydrated and giddy, I slipped on the stairs and all I remember was catapulting down the stairs on what was the longest trajectory of my life. Bruised and broken, I was rushed to the hospital by my colleagues. What made matters worse, was that my phone was also stolen during the journey to the hospital!